Saturday, October 04, 2008

Phil Lesh and Friends video: Help On The Way with the always awesome Joan Osborne

Here is a truncated YouTube video of Phil Lesh and Friends performing at the Warfield in San Francisco in 2006. This incarnation of Phil and Friends includes Phil on bass and vocals, John Scofield (!) and Larry Campbell on guitars, Rob Barraco on keyboards, John Molo on drums and Greg Osby on reeds. Oh yeah, and Joan Osborne, one of my favorite singers and a total Deadhead and awesome Dead interpreter.

One of the best Dead shows I've seen featured her on many vocals...this was a post-Jerry incarnations of the band known as The Dead. I saw them at The Gorge with my perennial show buddies Dave Hokit and Dean Ericksen, and Mary Curran, who I believe was pregnant with twins at the moment. Joan Osborne's joy of performing is always palpable and wonderful. I love this woman! And Phil too.



---o0o---

No comments: